Exhibitions are one of the most cost effective ways where you can see hundreds of exhibitors from the same industry vertical, gathering at one place to show their products and flaunt their brands to thousands of interested visitors who have paid entrance fees to be there. Often people say that they just don’t understand the logic behind companies spending large sums of money in exhibitions despite running advertising and other publicity campaigns. We know the reasons why companies participate in exhibitions, there are scores of reasons, but we will list just 10 of them that will convince the skeptics why their companies should also participate in exhibitions.
- Reinforcing your brand: Many large and well established companies may not need more dealers or to expand their network, but they still participate in exhibitions in elaborate exhibition stands. These companies know that marking their presence felt in an exhibition helps to strengthen their brand value and build up their brand’s recall factor. This builds trust in the market and visitors know that the company is doing well and their products will be of good quality. The same is true of smaller companies; repeated exhibiting boosts their value among customers, dealers and competitors.
- Demonstrating your products: Even if you have elaborate brochures or product films on your website, nothing beats the feeling people will get about your products if they are able to see it actually working or if they can touch and feel it or experience it. Exhibitions are the only place where you can demonstrate your products in a niche market to your target audience.
- Building up your leads: Exhibitions give you the unique opportunity to interact face to face with people. You can talk to them and learn about their problems and show them how your products can give them a solution they are looking for. Demonstrate to them how your products are different from your competitors and by doing so, you can build up a long list of prospective customers who are interested in your products and increase your sales and client base.
- Free media exposure: Industry and trade media is always eager to cover exhibitions and report on participating companies and new products. Your participation gives you a chance to get the attention of the media, especially if you have a new solution, a new product or get your PR people to get you an interview.
- Best place to launch a new product: An exhibition is the best place to launch a new product and get thousands of people to see the product launch. Many senior executives and decision makers make it a point to visit exhibitions and this is your opportunity to impress them without paying a huge price that a formal product launch costs. You get free media coverage too!
- Meeting dealers and expanding your network: Many of your dealers will be at the exhibition to look for new products and renew relationships. This is your chance to meet many of your dealers at one place, get them to boost sales and also appoint new dealers to expand your market presence.
- Doing a quick market research: At an exhibition, you can meet thousands of interested visitors in a very short span of time. You can take advantage of this by doing a market survey of a very large sample group, which otherwise would take months and cost the sky.
- Cheapest, but one of the most effective ways to meet customers: Chance is that a majority of your customers will be attending the exhibition; you can meet and strengthen your relationship with them at the fraction of a cost compared to conventional marketing methods of communicating.
- Checking out what your competition is up to: There is no better way than participating in an exhibition to give you a ringside view of what your main competition is doing. What are the new products and innovations they have and how you can compete against them with your own products.
- Sell directly: You can sell your products directly to the customer. Most companies send their senior executives and purchase teams to buy products at major exhibitions. The buyers can see and compare the products they want to buy at the exhibition; you can convince them about the quality of your products so that they recommend your products to their companies.
There are many more reasons why exhibitions are one of the most effective market places where you can show and sell your products. So the next time the opportunity arises, it will make sound business sense to book your space and have your own exhibition stand at any of the major exhibitions specific to your industry.