Your personal checklist before choosing to participate in an exhibition
It is time when you have decided to participate in an exhibition and looking for the perfect exhibition stands and booth design to go ahead with! As exhibitions are an amazing platform to display your brand’s products and services, it is also crucial for you as an exhibitor and marketer to checklist a few things before you get on the floor. Your success at the show will start with a few things such as selecting the right show to participate, choosing perfect exhibition stand designs that complement your brand idea and getting thoroughly prepared before you roll. It is important to know that a right exhibition stand, focused approach and direct communication will assist you in making the most of the exhibition show.
Here we bring you the personal checklist that you can keep handy once you choose to participate in an exhibition show. Take a look!
Know your aims and objectives:
First and foremost, you should decide on what your exhibiting aims and objectives are. You should know the priorities and have certain purpose for showcasing your brand in an exhibition. Here is a list of few things that you should look upon and give you a fair idea on what can be some of the purposes of your exhibition show participation. Although, your personal reasons may vary but this is just to give you an idea.
- Promotion of new products and services – as exhibitions offer a platform to showcase your new products and launches at a larger level, this is one of the main objectives of most of the exhibitors.
- Make new clientele
- Make direct sales
- Meet your target audience and carry a face to face direct interaction
- Get a chance to meet your agents, suppliers, business partners and key industry experts. It also offers a great opportunity for networking.
Choose the right exhibition show
Once you have decided to participate in a show and also have fixed on the exhibition stands and booth design but you may not have chosen the show. It is best to know what your main aim is and then research on the upcoming shows and their respective visitors. If your target audience is not visiting a particular show then there is no point in spending your money in that show. Also look for the track record of the show you are thinking of participating, like:
- Get the last year’s catalogue of the exhibition. Know which companies were exhibiting?
- You can also ask your competitor’s about the post-show benefits that they had
- As your consumers if they attended the show and how was their personal experience?Know about the day of the exhibition to be prepared with your exhibition stands
- Know about the cost of participation so that you can take out a budget for your booth design and other requirements
Exhibition stand designs
Be prepared with the exhibition stand design beforehand to avoid any last minute hassles. Whether you are a first-time exhibitor or frequent one, it is good if you partner with an experienced stand company. For instance, if you have a show in Dubai then it is better to contact the leading exhibition stand design company in Dubai, who will be the best one to offer you a booth design as per the industry standards.
The organizers of the show usually offer a shell scheme stand but if you want modular exhibition stands or portable exhibition stands then you must contact the best exhibition stand builders for the same.
Following are few more important things that you must checklist. These are:
- Cost of your exhibition participation. Look for unforeseen charges like electricity, fabrication of the exhibition stand, shipment of exhibition stands and so on.
- Pre-show promotion on various social media sites