The battle between modular and custom exhibition stands
If you are an exhibitor, chances are, at some point you have faced the predicament of choosing between a custom and a modular exhibition stand. Most exhibitors often find themselves overwhelmed with choices. Choosing between custom and modular exhibition stands is not easy especially when you do not have clarity on the different concepts.
Before you pick sides or worse make an uninformed purchase, in this blog post we break down the concepts of modular and custom exhibition stands. Once you have clarity on the concepts you can make an informed buying decision.
Advantages of modular exhibition stands
- High ROI – Although modular exhibition stands are comparatively expensive they offer high return on investment especially in the long run. Modular exhibition stands are reusable hence they are a one-time investment. Once purchased, any given modular booth can be reused for several years with minimal maintenance. Hence in the long run modular booths are cost effective.
- Eco friendly – Modular booths are made with sustainable raw materials. Neither wood nor harmful paints are used in the construction of modular booths. This is why many companies that take up the green initiative opt for modular exhibition stands for their trade fairs and exhibitions.
- Easy to assemble and dismantle – Since modular booths are pre-engineered structures they are extremely easy to assemble and dismantle. A small crew with or without technical background can easily finish the installation process in relatively less time.
Advantages of custom exhibition booths
- Complete customization- For brands and companies that have specific exhibition stand design requirements, custom booths are the best bet. Custom exhibition stands will help you to materialize your imagination and even the most eccentric booth design concepts.
- Cost effective – When compared to modular booths, especially for one trade fair or exhibition, custom booths are surely cost effective. However only a few exhibition stand manufacturers in Dubai offer custom booths.
- No hassle of installation and dismantling – Custom booths need to be installed and dismantled by a professional team. The drilling, painting, polishing etc requires the skill and expertise of a professional team hence you can leave the assembly and dismantling process to the experts.
Custom Exhibition Stands
Seasoned exhibitors are already acquainted with the concept of custom exhibition stands. Custom booths are bespoke stands that are primarily made using wood. As the name suggests, custom exhibition stands can be completely customized. To create an experiential space, custom exhibition stands are an ideal option. Many exhibitors often have a theme for their exhibition. To create a booth that provides an optimal environment for their promotional activity, exhibition stand design companies recommend custom exhibition booths.
Modular exhibition stands
Modular exhibition stands are relatively newer alternatives to custom exhibition stands. Modular booths are pre-engineered booths created mostly of aluminum. They are created to be reused hence they are a one-time investment. Modular exhibition stands are designed in such a way that they can be installed and dismantled swiftly. Many show organizers in Europe and Middle East only allow the usage of modular exhibition stand in their premises and for good reason.
Disadvantages of modular exhibition stands
- Customization is restricted – Customization is quite restricted with modular booths. You can add elements to your pre-engineered booth to give it a whole new look but you cannot make alterations to the core structure.
- Requires storage space/facility - Custom exhibition stands cannot be stored but if you purchase a modular booth you need adequate space to store it between shows.
Disadvantages of custom exhibition stands
- One time use only – Custom exhibition stands are primarily made of wood. The wood used for the creation of custom booth is painted on; polished and cut hence it is practically impossible to use the same custom booth again.
- Installation and dismantling process is a mess – The assembly and dismantling process of a custom booth is a messy affair. Since the drilling, painting will pollute the fairground.
- Installation is time consuming – Installation process of a custom booth takes much more time than that of a modular booth.