Exhibitions are all about spreading awareness about your brand, company and products to a niche audience. Visitors at an exhibition are there to see and buy the latest products or services that an industry has to offer, an exhibitor is there to fulfill the needs of the visitors. Exhibition floors are full of your competitors trying to get the attention of the attendees and you have to get their attention despite all the many distractions that are a part of any exhibition. On top of this, the marketing team has targets to achieve and get back their investments made on the exhibiting effort. Giveaways and many other expenses that crop up while exhibiting can cost a pretty penny.
One of the best ways to get the attention of visitors is how you design your exhibition stand and the graphics that go with it. Many times we forget how graphic design plays a crucial role in making marketing efforts a success. We at Expo Display have been helping our clients from the Middle East to reach their marketing goals during exhibitions by designing graphics for their exhibition stands that ties in seamlessly with what they want to communicate. In this blog, we shall share the knowledge we have gained on how properly designed graphics can play a very important role in achieving marketing targets in an exhibition.
- A proper brief is a must. You must make sure that your marketing team members give a detailed brief to the exhibition graphic designers which will allow them to know the market in detail including the brand, the business goals of the company, product and service details, brand image and the communication they want to convey.
- Know the goals you want to achieve. You must be absolutely clear about the particular goals you want to reach in the exhibition such as do you want to meet existing clients, do you want to generate sales, do you want to raise the brand awareness of your company, do you want to generate leads etc. This information will play a very important role in building up the messaging on the graphics in your exhibition stand. These goals will change from exhibition to exhibition and must be conveyed to the design team every time you exhibit so that they come up with the right design and messages.
- Don’t forget your USPs. The graphics must reflect the unique selling points of your products and services vis a vis your competitors through imagery and text.
- Communicate clearly to your target audience. Tell your target audience how your product is different from the many similar products on the exhibition floor. Instead of telling about technical details, point out in your graphics how your products can benefit them and fulfill their needs. You can also point out the price competitiveness or superior quality of your products.
- Keep it simple, visually attractive and at a personal level. The messages on your graphics must be short and sweet, try to give the messages a personal touch which will connect with that particular audience. Using large graphic walls with high-quality images that show how your products can actually be used by the users and crisp text will prompt visitors to interact with you as they will feel welcome and comfortable in your exhibition stand.
Along with graphics, many exhibitors also take the help of interactive technology such as video walls, augmented reality, apps and more. The crux of the matter is that whichever form of communication you use during an exhibition, the messaging should short, uncomplicated, visually appealing and easily accessible so that nothing intimidates your intended target group. To get the right advice and access to professional exhibition graphic designers, all you have to do is contact us and one of our experienced designers will get back to you promptly with the perfect exhibition graphic design solution that’s just right for you.